Kens Foods is looking for Mechanics to join our Maintenance Team. This position requires team members to maintain a Food Manufacturing Plant, Equipment, & Grounds in accordance with established Safety, Quality, Food Safety (SQF), and Food Defense standards.
Locations: MA, GA, NV and IN
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
A minimum of 5 years of experience in the following areas:
- Maintain safe clean work areas and comply with all safety requirements (responsible for Food Safety and Quality).
- Repair and maintain items necessary to maintain process equipment in “Grade A” condition.
- During process line downtime, perform corrective and preventative equipment maintenance per assigned schedule
- Work safely with both low and high voltage circuits
- Champion process improvement in assigned areas by analyzing equipment maintenance history, identifying significant causes of waste, coordinating with appropriate employees to develop root-cause solutions, and providing maintenance assistance as necessary.
- Troubleshoot and repair electrically controlled equipment, including PLC controlled and solid state equipment
- Thoroughly document maintenance activity; adequately communicate maintenance issues to appropriate employees (e.g., other maintenance techs, operators, engineers, supervisors, etc.).
- Troubleshoot and repair packaging machinery, processing equipment, and pneumatic and hydraulic systems and individual pieces of equipment
- Continuously work on improving the production changeover and daily start-up process
- Using technical drawings and schematics troubleshoot and repair complex process and facilities equipment (e.g., filter machines, packaging machines, scales, conveyors, processors, compressors, generators, etc.).
- Be a supporter and team member that works with teams to get the right results, the right way and model the “Ken’s Foods Winning Formula”
- Communicate both oral and written instructions
As part of the Ken’s Foods Team, you are the final line of defense against safety and quality issues. As such, additional responsibilities will include:
Food Safety Responsibilities
- Follow all Ken’s Foods Security and GMP policies
- Report any suspicious activities in or around the plant
- Inspect work area for any possible product contamination issues on a continuous basis
- Report any leaking or spilled product immediately
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or high school equivalency (HSE) and minimum of 5 years of related experience and/or training.
Skills and Abilities
- Thorough knowledge of automated packaging machinery operation, troubleshooting and repair
- Thorough knowledge of pump theory, operation and repair
- Thorough knowledge of pneumatic principles, application troubleshooting and repair
- Thorough knowledge of hydraulic principles, application troubleshooting and repair
- Electrical, PLC Controls experience and Troubleshooting are heavily considered.
- Servo Drive experience/understanding required.
- Willingness and demonstrated ability to learn is essential
- Capable of reading and interpreting electrical schematics
- Ability to weld (gas and arc) and solder
- Basic knowledge of typical facility and manufacturing support systems including steam, hot water, compressed air, and refrigeration systems
- Basic plumbing and carpentry skills