Continuous Improvement Manager
Marlborough, Massachusetts 01752 - US
Ken’s Foods, Inc. is searching for the ideal candidate to join our growing Continuous Improvement Program (CI). This hands-on position will be the foundation and resource for all Continuous Improvement at our Marlborough Massachusetts Facility. This individual will support the growth of our Continuous Improvement Program, will be responsible to train team members on how to make CI part of everyday operations and will support the execution of action plans.
Job Description: Continuous Improvement Manager
- Bachelor's degree (B. S.) from four-year college or university specializing in Engineering, Operations, Manufacturing or equivalent.
- A minimum of four years related experience and/or training in manufacturing, operating a shift, plant, and team.
- 5+ years of work with CI initiatives/methodologies
- Experience leading Kaizen events across diverse work forces.
- Team leadership experience is a highly needed skill set for this position
- Problem-solving skills, assertiveness, integrity, innovation, and creativity.
- Knowledge and experience with the application of problem solving tools.
- Excellent organizational and computer skills (etc. Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Ability to learn new processes, build relationships across diverse work groups
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Facilitate Continuous Improvement activities (Kaizen Events)
- Introduce and Implement sustainable Continuous Improvement methods and best practices throughout the organization at Ken’s Foods. (5S, Teamwork, SMED, JIT, Pull Systems, etc)
- Lead Continuous Improvement teams to identify waste across the supply chain and implement processes to improve our results
- Promotes a Continuous Learning environment across all departments and builds engagement across our team members
- Will drive performance improvement, goal setting and metric tracking across departments
- Improves results through hands-on manufacturing involvement across all departments.
- Must show creativity and can bring new initiatives to move the site further down our Continuous Improvement journey
- Demonstrate successful leadership skills for both simple and complex projects/tasks
- Successful team leadership across diverse groups to drive sustainable improvements to our systems and culture
- Provide a high level of technical and operational recommendations for meeting productivity targets
- Is the key member of our team to educate and mentor employees on Continuous Improvement methodologies
- A commitment to safety begins with management. Managers and frontline supervisors are accountable for creating and maintaining a culture of safety and assuring a safe work environment.
Your resume has been received.