Warehouse Crown Reach Forklift Operator/ Order Selector
Ken’s Foods is looking for a high energy, motivated Forklift Operators/Order Selectors. This position requires team members to accurately and efficiently pick orders while using first in first out (FIFO) methods to fulfill customer orders. This individual is responsible for various warehouse functions, processes and operations in a very fast paced food manufacturing/distribution facility
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Operate a Crown Stand Up high reach forklift
- Follow all Safety, SQF, GMP, and housekeeping rules and regulations
- Efficiently and safely operate fork truck in a potentially hazardous environment (wet, sloped floors, heavy pedestrian traffic)
- Responsible for proper use and maintenance of the scanning system
- Verify cases picked to match Bill of Lading
- Daily safety and maintenance check of vehicle
- Communicate all issues to management for improvements
- Properly and accurately completing paperwork
- Other duties as assigned
FOOD SAFETY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ship product free of contamination
- Follow all Ken’s Foods Security and GMP policies
- Report any suspicious activities anywhere in or around the plant
- Inspect work area for any possible product contamination issues on a continuous basis
- Report any leaking or spilled product immediately
- Inspect all incoming and outgoing loads for signs of product contamination
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos in English.
- Ability to write basic correspondence.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.