Continuous Improvement Manager
Responsible to build the vision for what Continuous Improvement means to the Ken’s Foods organization, train team members on how to make Continuous Improvement part of everyday operations and support the execution of action plans.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Facilitate Continuous Improvement activities (Kaizen Events)
- Introduce and Implement Sustainable Continuous Improvement methods and best practices throughout the organization at Ken’s Foods. (5S, Teamwork, SMED, JIT, Pull Systems, etc)
- Lead Continuous Improvement teams to identify waste across the supply chain and implement processes to improve our results
- Promotes a Continuous Learning environment across all sites.
- Drive performance metric improvement, goal setting and tracking across departments
- Improve results through hands-on manufacturing involvement across all sites.
- Show creativity and create new process initiatives to stimulate Continuous Improvement movement
- Demonstrate successful leadership skills for both simple and complex projects/tasks
- Successful team leadership across diverse groups to drive sustainable improvements to our systems and culture
- Provide a high level of technical and operational recommendations for meeting productivity targets
- Is a main contributor and change agent for our business through the deployment of the Continuous Improvement methodology
- Is the key member of our team to educate and mentor employees on Continuous Improvement methodologies
- Commitment to safety begins with management. Managers and frontline supervisors are accountable for creating and maintaining a culture of Safety and assuring a safe work environment
- Other projects/duties as assigned
FOOD SAFETY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead by example to ensure our highest quality manufacturing practices are being met
- Ensure team members follow all Ken’s Food Safety and GMP policies
- Ensure all work is completed in a safe and sanitary manner
- Ensure team members produce product free of contamination
- Ensure team members Report any suspicious activities anywhere in or around the plant
- Ensure team members Inspect work area for any possible product contamination issues on a continuous basis
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree (B. S.) from four-year College or University specializing in Engineering, Operations, Manufacturing or equivalent. A minimum of four years related experience and/or training in manufacturing, operating a shift, plant, and team. A minimum of 5 years CI experience. Experience with leading Kaizen events across diverse work forces.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
Ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism (formulas, scientific equations, graphs, etc.,) in its most difficult phases. Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
ESSENTIAL MENTAL ALERTNESS REQUIREMENTS
- Work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner
- Ability to perform tasks involving high levels of cognitive function and judgment
- Not mentally or physically impaired from any cause that can adversely affect ability to safely and competently perform the duties of the position
- Ability to take prompt and appropriate response to operating conditions
- Ability to work in an unfatigued state
- Ability to accurately gauge lengths of time and distance
- Ability to quickly store and recall instructions in one’s short-term memory
- Ability to concentrate
- Ability to cope with sudden changes in surrounding and/or emergency situations and/or alarms
- Demonstrated caring, committed, and concerned attitude about safety
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, risk of electrical shock, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Employment with Ken’s Foods is contingent upon successful completion of a drug test, background screening, and pre-employment assessment.