IT Site Support MC
The Desktop Support Engineer will be responsible for end user support, installation, implementation, maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of the company’s IT assets for both local and remote sites.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Provide first level support for networking and application issues; escalate complex problems to the appropriate groups or staff.
- Diagnose and resolve computer problems and requests from users in a timely manner.
- Accurately record such requests into the Help Desk system.
- Install, configure and troubleshoot computers, computer related peripheral hardware, software, operating systems and network connectivity.
- Responsible for proactively managing high severity and priority incidents from identification to resolution and escalation to appropriate group
- Provide on-site interface support for 3rd party vendors for: Security systems, video, cabling, Wi-Fi, maintenance and other system-based services.
- Act as remote eyes/hands for network engineering to troubleshoot site issues. Provide first line of support to site for performance related issues.
- Provide warehouse and production system support for wireless printers, wired devices and RF handhelds.
- Provide operating support for remote warehouse(s), including but not limited to networking, RF gun support, RF infrastructure support, printing, etc.
- Liaise to Engineering to provide PLC/manufacturing support.
- Maintain accurate documentation and ensure adherence to standards for site IT operations.
- Good knowledge of Smartphone device setup, troubleshooting, upgrading, etc.
- Work with hardware and software vendors to resolve issues.
- Familiar with networking concepts and PC connectivity troubleshooting.
- Ability to lift 40+ pounds – move PCs, monitors, boxes, etc.
- Record, track and maintain equipment inventory.
- Commitment to safety begins with management. Managers and frontline supervisors are accountable for creating and maintaining a culture of Safety and assuring a safe work environment.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s Degree Preferred; hands-on experience with PC software installation and troubleshooting; 3-5 years’ IT experience; basic Active Directory experience (computer/user setup, etc.); experience supporting end-users in a corporate environment.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Proficient: Microsoft Office Suites 2010 - 2016 & Windows
- Solid experience in Windows OS support in a Microsoft-based environment
- Able to work independently as well as with a team
FOOD SAFETY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead by example to ensure our highest quality manufacturing practices are being met
- Ensure team members follow all Ken’s Food Safety and GMP policies
- Ensure all work is completed in a safe and sanitary manner
- Ensure team members produce product free of contamination
- Ensure team members Report any suspicious activities anywhere in or around the plant
- Ensure team members Inspect work area for any possible product contamination issues on a continuous basis
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Strong customer service and communication skills. Ability to communicate professionally, especially with executive and C-level staff. Ability to read, analyze, and interprets general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism (formulas, scientific equations, graphs, musical notes, etc.,) in its most difficult phases. Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables. Ability to troubleshoot problems quickly and effectively. Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
This job does not require any specific certificates, licenses, or registrations. IT Certifications are a plus.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
ESSENTIAL MENTAL ALERTNESS REQUIREMENTS
- Work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner
- Ability to perform tasks involving high levels of cognitive function and judgment
- Not mentally or physically impaired from any cause that can adversely affect ability to safely and competently perform the duties of the position
- Ability to take prompt and appropriate response to operating conditions
- Ability to work in an unfatigued state
- Ability to accurately gauge lengths of time and distance
- Ability to quickly store and recall instructions in one’s short-term memory
- Ability to concentrate
- Ability to cope with sudden changes in surrounding and/or emergency situations and/or alarms
- Demonstrated caring, committed and concerned attitude about safety
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and risk of electrical shock. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Specific job duties affected by the environmental conditions are listed below.
- CIP/ Sanitation - wet and humid conditions
- Packaging and Process equipment - working near mechanical parts / noise