To maintain a clean and efficient warehouse through training and communication.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
• Maintain and monitor employee performance with our Impac measurement process
• Maintain a safe environment for all who frequent the warehouse
• Be responsible for the proper rotation of all finished goods (FIFO)
• Ensure a clean environment for those who frequent the warehouse
• Ensure compliance to Safety, SQF, GMP, and company policies
• Train all new employees from basic forklift operation to be crossed trained in all warehouse functions (loading, picking, replenishing, receiving)
• Coach and re-train employees to meet Ken’s Foods production output
• Make sure that the department functions as a team to constantly improve both cost efficiencies and warehouse GMP’s
• Commitment to safety begins with management. Managers and frontline supervisors are accountable for creating and maintaining a culture of Safety and assuring a safe work environment
• Other duties as assigned
FOOD SAFETY RESPONSIBILITIES
• Lead by example to ensure our highest quality manufacturing practices are being met
• Ensure team members follow all Ken’s Food Safety and GMP policies
• Ensure all work is completed in a safe and sanitary manner
• Ensure team members produce product free of contamination
• Ensure team members Report any suspicious activities anywhere in or around the plant
• Ensure team members Inspect work area for any possible product contamination issues on a continuous basis
Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of this unit. Directly supervises non-supervisory employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and
procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before
employees of organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, proportions and percentages,. Ability to apply
concepts of basic algebra and statistics.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited
standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger,
handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; reach with hands and arms; and
stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
ESSENTIAL MENTAL ALERTNESS REQUIREMENTS
• Work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner
• Ability to perform tasks involving high levels of cognitive function and judgment
• Not mentally or physically impaired from any cause that can adversely affect ability to safely and competently
perform the duties of the position
• Ability to take prompt and appropriate response to operating conditions
• Ability to work in an unfatigued state
• Ability to accurately gauge lengths of time and distance
• Ability to quickly store and recall instructions in one’s short term memory
• Ability to concentrate
• Ability to cope with sudden changes in surrounding and/or emergency situations and/or alarms
• Demonstrated caring, committed and concerned attitude about safety