This Maintenance support position supports the entire plants operational structure. The number of materials required, inventoried and cataloged for each piece of equipment in our facility is this person’s core responsibility. Being able to have the right inventory of parts at the right time is a key function of our maintenance program and processes that we must have correct to be more successful.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
• Works closely with Maintenance Planner and Storeroom team to meet on-time delivery requirements with the goal of decreased lead-times.
• Assist Requesters with the identification of part numbers for material requirements by utilizing the manuals and drawings.
• Works directly with Maintenance Planner to identify parts that are difficult to find or are not on the BOM.
• Follow purchasing systems and procedures to ensure honest, fair, legally correct, and ethical relationships with all suppliers.
• Prepare RFQ’s/PO’s; competitively quotes items to be purchased; effectively negotiates price, payment terms, and delivery schedules.
• Maintain and develop reporting documentation on status of Purchase Orders.
• Sources and qualifies new suppliers.
• Justify supplier selection and maintain the information in ERP system.
• Monitors supplier’s delivery and quality performance and price variance.
• Develop an efficient and accurate system for monitoring all open purchase
• Collaborates with suppliers and internal team members around quality issues.
• Communicates schedules and progress to completion to all levels within the organization.
• Assists in expediting orders as necessary.
• Applies continuous improvement methods to enhance manufacturing quality, reliability, and/or cost-effectiveness.
• Maintains a professional working relationship and effectively communicates with all employees, managers, vendors, customers and regulatory agencies.
• Understands and complies with company policies and procedures, regulatory requirements and safety regulations
• Identifies, isolates, evaluates and eliminates non-value-added costs.
• Coordinate with the Maintenance Admin to close all invoices on time.
• Must be able to display strong decision-making skills and function with minimal supervision.
• Completes assigned tasks in a reliable and timely fashion.
• Will support management in achieving all business goals.
• Performs other assignments as necessary.
FOOD SAFETY RESPONSIBILITIES
• Producing product free of contamination
• Following all Ken’s Foods Security and GMP policies
• Reporting any suspicious activities anywhere in or around the plant
• Inspection of work area for any possible product contamination issues on a continuous basis
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Excellent interpersonal and communications skills: verbal and written.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry. Basic accounting skills is a plus.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
This job does not require any specific certificates, licenses, or registrations.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
ESSENTIAL MENTAL ALERTNESS REQUIREMENTS
• Work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner
• Ability to perform tasks involving high levels of cognitive function and judgment
• Not mentally or physically impaired from any cause that can adversely affect ability to safely and
competently perform the duties of the position
• Ability to take prompt and appropriate response to operating conditions
• Ability to work in an unfatigued state
• Ability to accurately gauge lengths of time and distance
• Ability to quickly store and recall instructions in one’s short term memory
• Ability to concentrate
• Ability to cope with sudden changes in surrounding and/or emergency situations and/or alarms
• Demonstrated caring, committed and concerned attitude about safety
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an Team Member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually