To prepare quality products in a timely manner for packaging lines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
• Working knowledge of operation of different types of process equipment with varying degrees of automation
• Comprehend and follow processes control instructions and/or formula recipes and procedures (including completing paperwork)
• Responsible for quality of products, ensuring that the correct amounts of good quality raw materials are used
• Working knowledge of all sanitary practices as they pertain to GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) and equipment washouts
• Ensures compliance with corporate standards and systems to monitor food safety, food safety culture, quality and facility cleanliness
• Coordinate with Production personnel to successfully transfer product to the packaging lines
• Preparation of raw materials for processing
• Assist in cleaning, maintaining and inventory of raw material storage areas
• Fork truck driving for retrieval of raw materials (optional; license required)
• Other duties as assigned
FOOD SAFETY RESPONSIBILITIES
• Producing product free of contamination
• Following all Ken’s Foods Security and GMP policies
• Reporting any suspicious activities anywhere in or around the plant
• Inspection of work area for any possible product contamination issues on a continuous basis
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Ability to read a limited number of two- and three-syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers. Ability to print and speak simple sentences.
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions. Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
This job does not require any specific certificates, licenses, or registrations.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
ESSENTIAL MENTAL ALERTNESS REQUIREMENTS
• Work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner
• Ability to perform tasks involving high levels of cognitive function and judgment
• Not mentally or physically impaired from any cause that can adversely affect ability to safely and competently perform the duties of the position
• Ability to take prompt and appropriate response to operating conditions
• Ability to work in an unfatigued state
• Ability to accurately gauge lengths of time and distance
• Ability to quickly store and recall instructions in one’s short term memory
• Ability to concentrate
• Ability to cope with sudden changes in surrounding and/or emergency situations and/or alarms
• Demonstrated caring, committed and concerned attitude about safety
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Employment with Ken’s Foods is contingent upon successful completion of a drug test, background screening, and pre-employment assessment.