Forklift Operator/Picker - 2nd Shift
Ken’s Foods is looking for a high energy, motivated Forklift Operators/Pickers to join our Lebanon, IN facility on 2nd shift. This position requires team members to accurately and efficiently pick orders while using first in first out (FIFO) methods to fulfill customer orders. This individual is responsible for various warehouse functions, processes and operations in a very fast paced food manufacturing/distribution facility.
Prior Forklift experience is required. High lift/reach truck experience preferred. Experience in the food and beverage industry is a plus.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate a forklift
- Operate a RF Scanner
- Handle product
- Use basic mathematics
- Verify cases picked to match Bill of Lading
- Communicate all issues to management for improvements
- Other duties as assigned
As part of the Ken’s Foods Team, you are the final line of defense against safety and quality issues. As such, additional responsibilities will include:
- Food Safety Responsibilities
- Ship product free of contamination
- Follow all Ken’s Foods Security and GMP policies
- Report any suspicious activities in or around the plant
- Inspect work area for any possible product contamination issues on a continuous basis
- Report any leaking or spilled product immediately
- Inspect all incoming and outgoing loads for signs of product contamination
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED); and one to three months related experience and/or training.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos in English.
- Ability to write basic correspondence.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Employment with Ken’s Foods is contingent upon successful completion of a drug test, background screening, and pre-employment assessment.