Production Forklift Operator 1 MA
Ken’s Foods is a family owned business that takes pride in its roots. Ken's Foods, Inc was incorporated in 1958, and currently has plant operations in Marlborough, Massachusetts, McDonough, Georgia, Las Vegas, Nevada, and Lebanon, Indiana. In addition, Ken's employs over 1000 employees nationally. To this day, Ken’s is still owned by the same family, as they continue their tradition of flavor obsession. Joining Ken’s Foods is becoming part of an enthusiastic team. Whether you’re in our state-of-the-art facilities or in our corporate headquarters, you’ll enjoy a warm company culture and get all the tools you will need to succeed in your career.
This position will accurately and efficiently supply materials to all production lines and take away packaged and finished products.
Summary of Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follow all Safety, SQF, GMP, and housekeeping rules and regulations.
- Efficiently and safely operate fork truck in a potentially hazardous environment (wet, sloped floors, heavy pedestrian traffic)
- Comprehend and follow packaging schedules, ensuring correct raw materials are delivered to the packaging lines in timely basis
- Understand FIFO
- Knowledge of inventory and cycle counts.
- Responsible for proper use and maintenance of the scanning system.
- Daily safety and maintenance check of vehicle
- Cleaning daily (removal of all drums/packaging materials)
- Properly and accurately completing paperwork
FOOD SAFETY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ship product free of contamination
- Follow all Ken’s Foods Security and GMP policies
- Report any suspicious activities anywhere in or around the plant
- Inspect work area for any possible product contamination issues on a continuous basis
- Report any leaking or spilled product immediately
- Inspect all incoming and outgoing loads for signs of product contamination
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Employment with Ken’s Foods is contingent upon successful completion of a drug test, background screening, and pre-employment assessment.