The ideal candidate will be experienced in handling a wide range of administrative support related tasks and able to work with little or no supervision. This person must be exceedingly well organized, flexible and enjoy the administrative challenges of supporting an office of diverse people and programs. The ability to interact with staff (at all levels) in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful, and efficient, with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality is crucial to this role. Expert written and verbal communication skills, strong decision-making ability and attention to detail are equally important.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Communicate and handle incoming and outgoing electronic communications on behalf of department managers and stake holders
- Generate presentations using Microsoft Power Point for conferences and department meetings
- Present and explain one point lessons for standard processing documents
- Generate memos and correspondence using Microsoft Word
- Generate advanced spreadsheets using Microsoft Excel
- Clean and organize manual and electronic files daily
- Obtain appropriate documentation and paperwork to keep invoices and reports up to date
- Order supplies for department and managers
- Conduct research to provide proactive solutions to increase efficiency
- Set up and coordinate meetings/ conferences and maintain calendars
- Make travel arrangements for Managers/ Team Members
- Coordinate various on/off-site meetings and company gatherings
- Increase the accuracy of all reports (AM Paperwork, Monthly tracking, AS 400, Impact Sheet, KPPI Scheduling Tracker) by taking ownership of reporting
- Run, edit, review/audit and maintain daily, weekly, and quarterly reports and trackers
- Provide backup support for finalizing processing batches, bulk liquids ordering/changing trucks, railcar schedule, Doc Star and Grand PM
- Ability to multi-task
- Other projects/duties as assigned
FOOD SAFETY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Following all Ken’s Foods Security and GMP policies
- Reporting any suspicious activities anywhere in or around the plant
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism (formulas, scientific equations, graphs, etc.,) in its most difficult phases. Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
This job does not require any specific certificates, licenses, or registrations.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner
- Ability to perform tasks involving high levels of cognitive function and judgment
- Not mentally or physically impaired from any cause that can adversely affect ability to safely and competently perform the duties of the position
- Ability to take prompt and appropriate response to operating conditions
- Ability to work in an unfatigued state
- Ability to accurately gauge lengths of time and distance
- Ability to quickly store and recall instructions in one’s short-term memory
- Ability to concentrate
- Ability to cope with sudden changes in surrounding and/or emergency situations and/or alarms
- Demonstrated caring, committed, and concerned attitude about safety
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, risk of electrical shock, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate