Operations Business Manager-Demand Planner
Drive all demand planning activities, including monthly S&OP, and maintaining of monthly Operations Forecast files. Collaborate with Sales in estimating future product demand for both existing and new business opportunities, translating into an Operations Forecast to drive Supply Chain activities. This highly collaborative individual will act as a liaison between the operations teams and the business teams to ensure the effective use of company resources and the timely execution of priorities across the Supply Chain, to drive optimal production capacity planning and material flow.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Develop effective forecast models based on industry trends and demand patters
- Support management with risk assessments and mitigation activities
- Propose and implement solutions to improve demand forecast accuracy
- Successfully communicate forecast and inventory estimations to management
- Monitor and report on important changes in sales forecasts, budgets, and business strategies
- Establish and maintain monthly forecasts to drive MRP and production planning
- Key contributor to monthly S&OP activities
- Address demand-related issues in a timely and effective manner
- Coordinate demand for New Product Introductions and LTO’s and integrate into overall demand picture
Education and/or Experience
- B.S. degree required, preferably in Engineering, Business, or Finance.
- 3-5 years minimum experience in S&OP, demand management, forecasting and/or other Supply Chain Functions
- Experience in multiple Supply Chain disciplines (Manufacturing, Logistics, Procurement, R&D, Quality, etc.) strongly preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, both formal and informal, with the ability to communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Strong presentation, project, and influencing skills.
- Thorough understanding of a Supply Chain cost structure.
- Ability to read and understand financial statements.
- Excellent analytical skills and problem solving aptitude.
- Strong strategic capabilities and business acumen.
- Is able to manage through ambiguity.
- Possesses a continuous improvement mindset.