Quality Assurance Team Leader
KEN’S FOODS LAS VEGAS IS HIRING!!
Come join an amazing team in our state-of-the-art facility located in the Southwest Las Vegas valley. We are looking for A+ talent to deliver our brand of dressings, marinades and BBQ sauces. If you are passionate about safety, quality, respect, mutuality and freedom – we want to hear from you! Ken’s is a family business that traces back to the basement of Ken’s Steakhouse, a restaurant in Framingham, Massachusetts that became known for its delicious salad dressings. To this day, Ken’s is still owned by the same family, as they continue their tradition of flavor obsession. Joining Ken’s Foods is becoming part of an enthusiastic team. Whether you’re in our state-of-the-art facilities or in our corporate headquarters, you’ll enjoy a warm company culture and get all the tools you will need to succeed in your career.
Responsible for developing and coaching a staff of QA Technicians and handling the Plant's Quality Control (QC) and Quality Assurance programs. Ensure compliance with company and government procedures. Inspect, audit and validate all phases of quality performance (quality at the source, raw materials, production, packaging and distribution).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Maintain and grow our Safety Culture assuring Food Safety and a safe work environment in alignment with our 5 Principles
· Comply with Food Safety Practices, maintain SQF certification through compliance with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), Quality Procedures, SQF requirements and good housekeeping. Plant should always be prepared for inspections or tours.
· Support the plant’s SQF certification program.
· Recognizing QA policies, procedures, and directives for development and compliance whilst providing feedback and follow up to ensure proper corrective action is achieved.
· Coaching and development of all QA Technicians so they can monitor and validate plant quality process and procedures.
· Focus on continual growth of our Quality at the Source program, ensuring that the program is effective, and the Processing and Packaging Team Members are preforming their own quality checks.
· Communicate information amongst departments by identifying and troubleshooting problems in the production process.
· Prepare necessary reports and provide regular feedback to keep management informed of business detail.
· Perform various duties under the direction of the Quality Assurance Department Manager.
· Ensures compliance with corporate standards and systems to monitor food safety, food safety culture, quality and facility cleanliness
· Commitment to safety begins with management. Managers and frontline supervisors are accountable for creating and maintaining a culture of Safety and assuring a safe work environment.
· Other duties as assigned.
FOOD SAFETY RESPONSIBILITIES
· Ensure all work is completed in a safe and sanitary manner.
· Follow all Ken’s Foods SQF, Food Defense and GMP policies.
· Report any suspicious activities anywhere in or around the plant.
· Assign and mentor team members to perform pre-start up inspections to ensure no product contamination risk exists and the area is in sanitary condition.
Directly oversee employees in the Quality Assurance Department. Carries out leadership responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; coaching and development of team; rewarding and disciplining employees; and addressing complaints and resolving obstacles.