Maintenance Mechanic - 3rd Shift
Ken’s Foods in Marlborough, MA is adding to our team!
Ken’s Foods, manufacturer of Ken’s Salad Dressing and Sweet Baby Rays, is a dynamic company, family-owned and -operated since 1958. With four manufacturing plants strategically located, we employ over 1200 people throughout the U.S. We use high-quality ingredients to produce over one thousand varieties of dressings and sauces for both retail grocery and food service divisions.
We are committed to offer a work environment where safety and quality are the priority, as evidenced by our awarded SQF Level III certification. Because the health and wellness of our team is important to us, we provide excellent benefits and a friendly culture. We have a diverse customer base that is rapidly growing – a sign of our market acceptance and commitment to the consumer. Ken's Foods is a rewarding place to learn and grow through practical applications of food science, product development, and operations management.
Ken’s Foods is seeking Maintenance Mechanics for our Marlborough, MA location. This position will access all areas of the plant and grounds in order to accomplish assigned duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include a minimum of 5 years of experience in the following areas:
• Actively pursue and correct problems with components and systems throughout the facility
• Thorough knowledge of automated packaging machinery operation, troubleshooting and repair
• Thorough knowledge of pump theory, operation and repair
• Thorough knowledge of pneumatic principles, application troubleshooting and repair
• Thorough knowledge of hydraulic principles, application troubleshooting and repair
• Capable of reading and interpreting electrical schematics
• Work safely with both low and high voltage circuits
• Diagnose electric motor, motor control and device control problems
• Ability to troubleshoot and repair electrical control and power circuits
• Ability to troubleshoot and repair electrically controlled equipment, including PLC controlled and solid state equipment
• Ability to weld (gas and arc) and solder
• Basic knowledge of typical facility and manufacturing support systems including steam, hot water, compressed air, and refrigeration systems
• Basic plumbing and carpentry skills
• Ability to identify and order parts and materials from manufacturers manuals and prints
• Communicate both oral and written instructions
• Complete the Standard Timing Model mechanical test with a score of 60% or better.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or minimum of 5 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
For Massachusetts only; Must possess or be able to achieve within 6 months a Special to Operate Engineering License (Steam Plant).
Employment with Ken’s Foods is contingent upon successful completion of a drug test, background screening, and pre-employment assessment.