Production Utility Operator - 1st Shift
Ken’s Foods in Marlborough, MA is hiring!
Come join an amazing team in our state-of-the-art facility located in Marlborough, MA. We are looking for A+ talent to deliver our brand of dressings, marinades and BBQ sauces. This is a great opportunity to get your foot in the door to an exciting career in the manufacturing industry!
Ken’s Foods is a family owned business that takes pride in its roots. Ken's Foods, Inc was incorporated in 1958, and currently has plant operations in Marlborough, Massachusetts, McDonough, Georgia, Las Vegas, Nevada, and Lebanon, Indiana. In addition, Ken's employs over 1000 employees nationally. To this day, Ken’s is still owned by the same family, as they continue their tradition of flavor obsession. Joining Ken’s Foods is becoming part of an enthusiastic team. Whether you’re in our state-of-the-art facilities or in our corporate headquarters, you’ll enjoy a warm company culture and get all the tools you will need to succeed in your career.
Utility operators are multi-skilled individuals that can be rotated and utilized to support various operations. Utility operators will have responsibilities that include some or all of the following tasks based on their work area; proper operating of machines, general cleaning of operational equipment, and product testing if required (quality at the source, QAS). Utility operators must consistently perform job functions related to Quality, Maintenance and Sanitation requirements. Utility operators will also need to exhibit skills and behaviors that support other employee tasks if no foreman or Team Lead can be present.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Quality at the source certified (QAS)
• Able to properly execute sanitation procedures
• Can perform basic level maintenance functions (lubrication, deep cleaning, filter change, and directional troubleshooting)
• Ability to coordinate all Team Members job functions on the line in the absence of the Supervisor
• Maintain production standards while operating equipment
• Possess overall knowledge and understanding of the entire production line
• Exhibit proficiency for operation, setting adjustments, and changing over of equipment (where applicable)
• General cleaning of operational equipment (labeler brushes, packer air bags, infeed rails, spills, etc.)
• Ability to apply direction to other team members to support line operations in the absence of immediate supervision
FOOD SAFETY RESPONSIBILITIES
• Producing product free of contamination
• Following all Ken’s Foods SQF, Security and GMP policies
• Reporting any suspicious activities anywhere in or around the plant
• Inspection of work area for any possible product contamination issues on a continuous basis
In the absence of the Foreman/Lead oversees completion of tasks in the Packaging lines.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Quality at Source Operator Quality Control Competencies
Quality Control Competencies Required
• Test each batch for acid / salt / viscosity to confirm product is in specification
• Test product at filler before each startup of new product
• Test the finished product for acid / salt / viscosity every hour to confirm product is in specification
• Inspect labels / codes / weights on all finished products to confirm meeting of quality standards
• Isolate product to be placed “On Hold” and fully communicate issue to Quality or Production Team Leader
• Collect samples for Beginning / Middle / End of production runs for shelf life retain samples
• Other duties as assigned
• Note: The Quality Control Competencies are the actual job requirements for a Quality Control Bench Technician on any of the Ken’s Foods production lines.
Operational Utility Competencies
• Demonstrates consistent performance across Quality / Maintenance / Sanitor requirements of the job based on assigned work area
• Master operator of Retail equipment assigned and knowledge of minimum 1 other major piece of equipment
• Qualified to changeover all Retail format package sizes independently on assigned machine
• Qualified to perform all Quality Control checks as assigned independently
• Qualified to perform Sanitation as assigned
Operator Sanitor Competencies
Sanitor Competencies Required
• Disassemble production equipment / Clean / Rinse / Sanitize all product contact machinery
• Chemically clean machinery while maintaining proper safety procedures
• C.O.P (Clean Out of Place) / C.I.P (Clean In Place) techniques (Filler) and C.I.P Retail #4 product line circuits if required
• Other duties as assigned
• Note: The Sanitor Competencies are the actual job requirements for a Sanitor on any of Ken’s Foods production lines.
Education and/or Experience
High School diploma or GED equivalent; or up to one-month related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Employment with Ken’s Foods is contingent upon successful completion of a drug test, background screening, and pre-employment assessment.