Come join an amazing team in our state-of-the-art facility located in Marlborough, MA. We are looking for A+ talent to deliver our brand of dressings, marinades and BBQ sauces. This is a great opportunity to grow your career in the transportation industry!
Ken’s Foods is a family owned business that takes pride in its roots. Ken's Foods, Inc was incorporated in 1958, and currently has plant operations in Marlborough, Massachusetts, McDonough, Georgia, Las Vegas, Nevada, and Lebanon, Indiana. In addition, Ken's employs over 1000 employees nationally. To this day, Ken’s is still owned by the same family, as they continue their tradition of flavor obsession. Joining Ken’s Foods is becoming part of an enthusiastic team. Whether you’re in our state-of-the-art facilities or in our corporate headquarters, you’ll enjoy a warm company culture and get all the tools you will need to succeed in your career.
Responsible for overseeing efficient and cost-effective movement of finished goods from Ken's Foods manufacturing/distribution facilities. The position will work closely with Production Scheduling, Customer Service and the Warehouse Management teams to ensure timely movement of customers’ orders.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Carrier Communication: Communicate and collaborate with various common carriers and dedicated service providers to transport Ken's customer orders. This includes capacity planning, tender execution, performance measurement and freight pay and audit.
- Product Routing: Optimizes customer delivery and pick-up orders in accordance with requested delivery date. Recommends and selects carriers for delivering best service value for Ken's Foods. Routes orders in accordance with specific account requirements while maximizing load factor and value options for best cost efficiency.
- Reporting: Prepare weekly, monthly, and quarterly management reports on issues of volume throughput, delivered costs, carrier compliance and on-time performance through our TMS platform. Compile and review information concerning carrier performance and adherence to Ken’s service standards.
- Develop Daily Work plans: Create, communicate and balance the daily warehouse work plans’volumes and priorities. This includes all outbound and inbound volume moving via Ken's Fleet, Common carrier and Customer pick- ups with attention given to loads requiring special handling, specific carrier instructions or priority loading.
- Inter-Department Communication: Effectively communicate with Ken’s production planning, warehouse, purchasing and customer service teams to expedite movement of product and resolve issues concerning customer delivery and plant inbound goods.
- Operational Oversight: Supervise the support staff’s transactional activities concerning OS&D reporting, product returns and sample shipments and communicate to Ken’s internal departments. Monitor the daily operational plan through our TMS system and ensure that all operational functions are progressing on plan. Continue to supervise and assist in those functions as business volumes and personnel requirements dictate.
- Continuous Improvement: Recognize and implement opportunities to operate a faster, better and more efficient department while adding rigor to our existing systems. Drive the experience, knowledge and development of our operational staff.
- Commitment to safety begins with management. Managers and frontline supervisors are accountable for creating and maintaining a culture of Safety and assuring a safe work environment.
- Other projects/duties as assigned.
Supervise and work closely with Logistic support staff in the department. Support company initiatives while supervising in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities will include interviewing, hiring, and training employees. Additional responsibilities involve planning, assigning, and directing work while appraising performance and developing talent.