Human Resource Generalist MA
Ken’s Foods is seeking a Human Resource Generalist who can work a flexible schedule to cover 24-hour manufacturing operations. The ideal candidate must be willing to work modified hours during 1st, 2nd, and/or 3rd shifts, based on business needs. The Human Resource Generalist is responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level and works closely with senior HR management. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: benefits administration, employee relations, training, performance management, onboarding, policy implementation, recruitment/employment, affirmative action and employment law compliance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
• Develops strong relationship with all operations group departments to assist in employee relations efforts, provide counseling to employees as necessary.
• Assist with recruiting for hourly, administrative, and management positions.
• Participating in interviews as required and assisting staff members in identifying and creating job related interview questions.
• Providing research and statistical information to staff in collecting, preparing and analyzing the information for use in implementation of procedures and policies.
• Reviewing employee complaints and ensuring accurate and timely documentation of concerns or issues.
• Assists in the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains employee handbook and policies.
• Participates in developing department goals, objectives and systems and recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of the department and services performed.
• Assist HR Manager with internal employee investigations.
• Maintains human resource information system records.
• Assists in various activities for training and development of employees, including assisting in creating training programs and conducting training sessions.
• Provides assistance to employees with day-to-day benefits administration services.
• Maintains compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment.
• Assist and provide support in safety and wellness initiatives/ programs
• Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars.
• Commitment to safety begins with management. Managers and frontline supervisors are accountable for creating and maintaining a culture of Safety and assuring a safe work environment.
• Performs other related duties as required and assigned.