1st Shift - Starting at $22.00/hour
2nd & 3rd Shift - Starting at $22.00/hr Plus $1.00 for Shift Differential
Utility operators are multi-skilled individuals that can be rotated and utilized to support various operations. Utility operators will have responsibilities that include some or all of the following tasks based on their work area; proper operating of machines, general cleaning of operational equipment, and product testing if required (quality at the source, QAS). Utility operators must consistently perform job functions related to Quality, Maintenance and Sanitation requirements. Utility operators will also need to exhibit skills and behaviors that support other employee tasks if no foreman or Team Lead can be present.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Quality at the source certified (QAS)
• Able to properly execute sanitation procedures
• Can perform basic level maintenance functions (lubrication, deep cleaning, filter change, and directional troubleshooting)
• Ability to coordinate all Team Members job functions on the line in the absence of the Supervisor
• Maintain production standards while operating equipment
• Possess overall knowledge and understanding of the entire production line
• Exhibit proficiency for operation, setting adjustments, and changing over of equipment (where applicable)
• General cleaning of operational equipment (labeler brushes, packer air bags, infeed rails, spills, etc.)
• Ability to apply direction to other team members to support line operations in the absence of immediate supervision
• Other duties as assigned
FOOD SAFETY RESPONSIBILITIES
• Producing product free of contamination
• Following all Ken’s Foods SQF, Security and GMP policies
• Reporting any suspicious activities anywhere in or around the plant
• Inspection of work area for any possible product contamination issues on a continuous basis
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High School diploma or GED equivalent; or up to one-month related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Employment with Ken's Foods is contingent upon successful completion of a drug test, background screening, and pre-employment assessment.