Ken’s Foods, Inc. is currently seeking Sanitors for the Marlborough, MA plant on 3rd Shift. The ideal candidate must be able to disassemble production equipment, clean, rinse, and sanitize all equipment used for product while using company required PPE. Sanitors clean all production equipment to ensure a sanitary and bacteria-free plant.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
• Disassemble production and process equipment: clean, rinse, and sanitize all product contact machinery utilizing all required PPE equipment.
• Reassemble production and process equipment after cleaning & sanitizing.
• Fill out “Pre-Op/Check List Sheets” for assigned job areas.
• Chemically clean machinery while maintaining proper safety procedures including LOTO for pneumatic, electrical, etc. of energy sources.
• On product contact areas, must be capable of using 3M Biotrace units to determine the cleanliness of equipment by following “sanitor self- swabbing program”.
• CIP (Clean in Place) technique (training required).
• Compliance to all safety, SQF, and GMP practices.
• Participate in the “Daily Safety Captain Program”.
• Follow “pig program” on procedure of retrieving/recovering pigs and placing on appropriate storage boards.
• Where applicable; trained and capable on “pigging” of product lines from processing kitchen.
• Where applicable; ability to monitor and coordinate with packaging team then change and or switch product tanks during overnight runs.
• Other duties as assigned.
FOOD SAFETY RESPONSIBILITIES
• Ensure all work is completed in a safe and sanitary manner.
• Report any suspicious activities anywhere in or around the plant.
• Inspection of work area for any possible product contamination issues before, during, and after sanitation activities.
• Complete proper documentation on all cleaning process including chemical concentrations, temperature, cycle times, etc.
• Complete pre-start up inspections of your area to ensure no product contamination risk exists and the area is in a sanitary condition.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Employment with Ken's Foods is contingent upon successful completion of a drug test, background screening, and pre-employment assessment.