Locations: MA, GA and NV
Kens Foods is looking for Mechanics
to join our Maintenance Team. This position requires team members to maintain a Food Manufacturing Plant, Equipment, & Grounds in accordance with established Safety, Quality, Food Safety (SQF), and Food Defense standards.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
A minimum of 5 years of experience in the following areas:
- Maintain safe clean work areas and comply with all safety requirements (responsible for Food Safety and Quality).
- Repair and maintain items necessary to maintain process equipment in "Grade A" condition.
- During process line downtime, perform corrective and preventative equipment maintenance per assigned schedule
- Work safely with both low and high voltage circuits
- Champion process improvement in assigned areas by analyzing equipment maintenance history, identifying significant causes of waste, coordinating with appropriate employees to develop root-cause solutions, and providing maintenance assistance as necessary.
- Troubleshoot and repair electrically controlled equipment, including PLC controlled and solid state equipment
- Thoroughly document maintenance activity; adequately communicate maintenance issues to appropriate employees (e.g., other maintenance techs, operators, engineers, supervisors, etc.).
- Troubleshoot and repair packaging machinery, processing equipment, and pneumatic and hydraulic systems and individual pieces of equipment
- Continuously work on improving the production changeover and daily start-up process
- Using technical drawings and schematics troubleshoot and repair complex process and facilities equipment (e.g., filter machines, packaging machines, scales, conveyors, processors, compressors, generators, etc.).
- Be a supporter and team member that works with teams to get the right results, the right way and model the "Ken’s Foods Winning Formula"
- Communicate both oral and written instructions
Food Safety Responsibilities
- Follow all Ken’s Foods Security and GMP policies
- Report any suspicious activities in or around the plant
- Inspect work area for any possible product contamination issues on a continuous basis
- Report any leaking or spilled product immediately
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or high school equivalency (HSE) and minimum of 5 years of related experience and/or training.
Skills and Abilities
- Thorough knowledge of automated packaging machinery operation, troubleshooting and repair
- Thorough knowledge of pump theory, operation and repair
- Thorough knowledge of pneumatic principles, application troubleshooting and repair
- Thorough knowledge of hydraulic principles, application troubleshooting and repair
- Electrical, PLC Controls experience and Troubleshooting are heavily considered.
- Servo Drive experience/understanding required.
- Willingness and demonstrated ability to learn is essential
- Capable of reading and interpreting electrical schematics
- Ability to weld (gas and arc) and solder
- Basic knowledge of typical facility and manufacturing support systems including steam, hot water, compressed air, and refrigeration systems
- Basic plumbing and carpentry skills